Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Here's to Holly...

I can't even believe it's been almost three months since we met and I first heard about the goal that you've set out to accomplish. At first you were just that chick that neglected to change her lancet and now I finally realize why you've neglected to change your lancet. Your plate has been stacked full with all of your training for the Ironman and I guess you just didn't have time to change it. Here's to you, goal buddy, for sticking with your training plan and just going for it. At least you've made time to train even if you haven't made time to change your lancet! Your Ironman is in less than 4 days and I have no doubts in my mind that you can and will make it to the finish line come Saturday afternoon! When we talked tonight I was really wondering how you were feeling now that the days have been winding down and the event is getting closer. What I noticed is you seem to have such calmness in your voice and have grounded confidence, knowing just how hard you've worked and how well you've prepared yourself up until this point. You've done the hardest part and that's just to be able to get to that starting point.

I wish you the absolute best in the next few days and know that you can and will succeed and will cross that line as an Ironman. Know that your battle to cross that finish line is true proof that diabetes can't and never will hold you back from your dreams. You're an inspiration to us all and I feel lucky to be able to see the story unravel. Just look down at that seatpost on the ride and flash back to the cottonmouth story from DTC! Love ya and can't wait to see you dance to the finish line on Saturday...

GO GET IT PEPPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment