Thursday, October 1, 2009

Job Interviews...

So I promised that I would give myself until October 1st to sort things out with teaching jobs...and then I became really impatient about being unemployed! I started going down the track of nannying but deep down inside I really wanted to be in the classroom, educating and inspiring the next generation. Tomorrow I have 2 teaching interviews - the only challenge is I have a root canal at 7:45am and I also am trying to kick a cold! Perfect timing, huh? I think I'm going to opt for not wearing my pump during the interviews only because my sensor connections freaked out during my last two interviews and created a bit of a "diabetes awkward moment". So off with the pump it will be. One of the interviews is at a school for kids who are transitioning out of homelessness and I'm really excited about the great reputation and progressive nature of the school. It seems like all of the barriers are removed for these kids in the other areas of their lives so that they can have a continuous year of education as their families try to figure out their next steps. The other interview is at an international middle school with a very diverse student population. There's a lot of overlap between the students I was working with this summer and these schools so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully my sniffles will be put in check tomorrow and I won't be numb from the dentist's office and I can give the interviews everything I have. It's at least a step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment