Monday, October 5, 2009

Lunch Ramble

Hiya guys!





So I'm on my break at work and realized I need to blog. I'm always coming up with stuff throughout the day thinking, this would be good to blog about, then I've forgotten by the time I get to the computer, seems like a weak excuse to invest in an iphone. Or to work on my memory, goodness what am I going to be like at 80? Anyway.....


So I haven't had a chance to reassess my goals--what good are they you ask? Well, I know they're there and I've written them down and can come back to them once IM is done. Some I'm doing very well, the nutrition is slacking (snack more when stressed), and I'm making steps to decrease the anxiety in order to get more sleep. My sleep has been very affected and find myself waking up 4-5 times a night. Cannot be good...but trying to improve on it. Physically I feel strong in my training but its the mental aspect (which is sooo important in long distance sports) is my weak area at this point. So the other day, I did a 4 hour brick workout in the gym. It started out great, watching the top 20 countdown on VH1 and singing along. Music can always do the trick! I usually don't workout with music so this was a refreshing change. Then it started to get hard, honestly I thought of things to post on here and thinking of Kat's super tri and Kate's 5K and funny DTC memories. It worked for a while and then moved on to other thoughts. I started to think about how long I've been training specifically for this race. My plan is a 37 weeker. Thats about 9 months..doesn't include the two years of doing olympics and half IM training.

....I planned on getting back to this one at work, but it looks like I will have to save it for this weekend, I'm going to post it anyway, to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment