Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sprint in 2 DAYS!

I'm loving keeping up with you guys through the blog! I've been a little lazy this week...took (2) days off from my running, just felt like being a bit of a couch potato. Matt's been awesome to continue working with, but I do believe he's smoking something at times (ha ha). I'm doing the Sprint Saturday & then supposed to do an 85minute run Sunday.... I know myself well enough that I will get up & do it, but I have to whine a little. I never would have seen myself doing anything close to this a year ago and I'm so happy to see where I am now. I have to admit though, it would be nice if my family supported me more or showed a bit more interest...oh well. I have the most awesome husband & children that are definitely there for me!
My non-profit's name is going to be Diabetes Life Training. Mike likes it because the acronym reminds him of a BLT sandwich??? I meet with our local HMO Monday @4pm to discuss their involvement in residential focus groups, etc. I am also going to one of our local community colleges today to inquire into their RN program. We'll see how that goes...it's been a LONG time since I've been in a college setting.

My boys are enjoying me being at home. It's nice to go outside with them before & after school to throw the football around a bit, play a little tackle football, etc. I know that no matter what the future holds career wise...I want to be available for them in the afternoons!

Holly- YOU ROCK!!! I can't wait for November to roll around & see you. I know you will do great! I'm on board with something "big" in 2010...I know I'm going to do a 1/2 Marathon in February, but I love the idea of something larger to add. A girlfriend of mine here is going to run the Chicago Marathon. Sounds like a fun experience.

Kate- I don't know if the info I sent you was helpful at all, but it sounds like you are doing pretty good regardless!! I think it's great to see such a fire lit under all of us to do something that will impact others that are living with diabetes...there are so many out there that just don't have an ounce of resources or support. Phil is great...I know his mom pretty well & she rocks as far as support goes.

Well...I'm off to cross train today. I'm thinking of a nice bike ride once the am traffic slows down a bit. Stay well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment