Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nothing more calming than waves...........

Beach week with the family is going along. Being on the west coast, I don't get chill fam time often enough. Our annual fam vacation was to Ocean City, MD and we would always do the same things, it was nice to go to somewhere you felt you weren't a stranger. When we got older, less of us went to the beach and so my parents stopped going too. Now as adults, we've decided to make it happen again, except at Nags Head, NC (outer banks). So this week is very similar, yet different. We are trading dinner nights, drinking champagne in the jacuzzi, and living room filled with nephews running/crawling/stumbling around. Tonight we watched home videos and I def got in touch with my abdominal muscles. Its nice to be home. And the beach is great too.
.
Kate--so glad to hear your keeping up with the running and it sounds like you're going further and further! Enjoying it also is so necessary, helps to have a running buddy. Do you crave diet soda with a high too? Oh there is nothing else better than carbonation to quench that crazy thirst! I'll look at your goals again when I get home to be sure, but it sounds like you're mostly on track! The diabetes sports and wellness thing sounds like so much fun--don't think we have as big of a group in SF. I've told Matt that I'm ready to stuff envelopes or do anything to help DTC thrive. Anne, from Triabetes, is spreading the word and organizing events. I also feel the need to get involved and into the social scene---so many people out there to connect with.
.
Kat, your tri is around the corner! You've gotta text, email or post here to let us know how much ass you kicked! With a sprint tri, its so quick that if you run into BG/insulin issue, just try to make adjustments and then keep on keeping on...oh, I'm super excited for you! Are you enjoying spending more time with your kids these past couple weeks? It seems like you're keeping yourself busy too! Hopefully the diabetes program is still a potential! We're all such multi-taskers....
.
I only have about two more weeks of hard training before the taper period...seems pretty crazy I've been following this program for almost a year already! I can def say I'm ready ready ready for the taper. Mark said the other day, "I'm ready to going back to running 30 minutes a day"...so agreed. When did a 2 hour workout not be considered a "long" workout? I've come so far, proven it to myself, and ready to challenge myself with another big goal! Haven't totally set my mind, but I'm sure it won't be long..................

No comments:

Post a Comment