Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nice to be w/my buddies!!

I just finished reading all of the posts on the blog. It's great to see the successes everyone is experiencing! Kate, you can do it...pregnancy and all!! The rewards in the end are priceless, trust me! I look at my boys each day and am so thankful for the blessings in my life, even after SEVERAL years of really poor diabetes care.
I am one week away from my Sprint Tri @Santa Rosa Beach, Pensacola, FL. I am also getting nervous! I know that once the race gets underway I will be fine, but the nerves I'm feeling now is just crazy. After the sprint I will be moving on to a 15k in November...the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning in Tally. Then it will be a 1/2 Marathon in Jacksonville for Breast Cancer in February. That's as far out as I'm willing to plan right now.
I met with our local hospital this week to discuss a plan for a Non-Profit that will be geared towards a more personable approach to support Type I Diabetics. I shared my experiences at DTC as well as the struggles I've experienced in my training, etc. The buy in was AWESOME. I was meeting with the CEO, head of Admin, Pres of their Foundation and the head of their Diabetes Center. I am VERY excited to see this develop.
Keep up the hard work! Kat Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment