Monday, September 21, 2009

What a post!

Oh my goodness, so I totally should be writing an important email right now, but I need to respond to the post Kate wrote. I love the way you write, it completely fires me up. Taking the frustration out in a workout is so vigorating and eases the mind. So many times I find myself having trouble getting energy, then go out for a workout and then come home with 1000X more. Seems rather counter-intuitive but rarely does it not work. Running is the sport that challenges me the most too...I feel like biking you can see so much more, easier on the legs/recovery, and can go forever. Yet, after, running feels the best. Yes, it has a lot to do with the mental acheivement for me too. I find that I like my long runs more than the short ones--they allow you to step off the pace a bit, look around, get in a groove, and just go. Have you ever seen that runner who is just striding away with the perfect posture like she/he isn't even working hard? Thats the way I feel on many long runs...may not look it, but feel it. I once told a friend, I just want to get to the point where running gets easy. She told me it never gets easy b/c you push yourself every day. But it does get more comfortable.
Kate, you've got some hurdles in your way with the job but you're building your life every day and adjusting your personal goals with this frustration. Awesomeness.
The challenge I need to focus on is........to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment