Monday, September 28, 2009

Keep Rockin' it Ladies!

Kat, it's great to have you on here! It's been so fun hearing about your triathlons and I can't wait to hear to success story once you've completed your next one! What's your training schedule looking like these days? It sounds like you have some great ideas up your sleeves for type 1 support groups - I'd love to hear more about that as you get closer! I think that's the strongest thing about DTC - the support network that has developed out of it! Ok, and maybe the motivation to actually sign up for a race!

Holly - 20 miles girl, you rock! Too bad you didn't just carry your dad on your back - I think you have enough drive and dedication to have done that if you wanted it bad enough! Just kidding! I hope you are kicking back with your family and really just enjoying their company and relaxing like you deserve to relax. Have you been able to sleep better lately? What's the latest on Carrie's book? How did your endo appointment end up going last week? Keep driving forward - I can't wait for November 7th - you'll rock it!

I've been running a lot lately and continue to love it. I can't wait for my 10K in a few weeks and then I'm going to let myself sign up for the Seattle half-marathon the Sunday after Thanksgiving if all goes well. I'm not going to get too ahead of myself - one thing at a time! I've been running 4 days a week and won't let myself run on the weekends because I don't want to eat into our play time with friends and each other. We're always going up to the mountains on the weekends and I really want to seperate my "training" from my play time! Chaco and I went for a great run on Friday and he was pretty pooped at the end of it. He and I were waiting on the corner for the light to change and a nice man came up on his bike. Chaco scored a tennis ball from the man's bike jersey and the people in all of the cars had huge smiles on their faces, never expecting that to happen! It made Chaco's day! I came back from my run and sat down on the couch, only to realize my breath smelled really sweet. Nice - pump site wasn't working the whole run and I went from 100 to 280 with ketones. I was on the verge of throwing up but slammed a liter of Coke Zero in just enough time to flush the little buggers out of my system! Gotta love it! Friday night Erik and I went out to dinner and I realized my favorite store had balloons out front that said "I will never grow up!" I went inside and asked for a balloon and Erik tied it to my wrist. I walked around, acting like I was 5 and really enjoyed feeling like a total kid again. Can you picture this? My little neighbor Marcus was out in front of our house when we got home and I gave Marcus my balloon. I think it made his day and it definitely made mine! We had a great weekend at a YMCA camp work party doing great work projects for camp - it really felt wonderful to volunteer and make a special place a bit better.

Keep rockin' it ladies! How are your goals coming along?? -Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment