Monday, October 5, 2009

Successful Sprint!

Well, it has been 2days since I completed the Santa Rosa Triathlon in Pensacola, FL. It was awesome, but I am definitely enjoying some down time. You know, I quit my job & somehow couldn't find the inspiration to clean my house...well, we are hosting a party tomorrow night...I guess that is now my inspiration. Cleaning my house feels like a triathlon!!!

The training, data collection, trials, etc. all paid off. I had bkfst at 4:30am and had set both my basal and bolus back. I guess I got an adrenaline surge just before starting, because my bs climbed up to 268; however, after reviewing with the "Doc", we opted to not correct nor take in any carbs before the start. I started the swim at @7:50 and what seemed like forever was actually my fastest time ever and the open water swim was AWESOME! The water was so clear I could see straight to the bottom. I ran to the transition and my BS was @230 so I opted to take in a REAL small amount of carbs and then drink on my Hammer water mix. I had about 3/4 of it so @15-18 carbs and then a couple more shot blocks. The bike ride took the longest...I need to work on that, it was @1:10, but it was beautiful riding along the beach. Got back into the transition and my bs was @140 (yeah!). I can only say that I had MAJOR spaghetti legs as I started my run. I took in a pack of sports beans (25ch) and proceeded to run...really slow. I ended up walking @1/4 mile until I felt like my legs could stand my own weight. It took @34min to bring it back to the finish for the final time of 2:04:38!! I may have been in 638th place, but I was a HUGE winner in my own mind. What a success. My bs remained stable until after lunch. We continued to cut my bolus & basal back and that was a bit too much.

So what's next...well, Holly's Ironman of course!!!! Not to mention there is a Youth Tri the day after that my boys want to do in Panama City. We may make a long weekend out of it & head back to Tally the Monday after. Since I'm doing light stuff this week, I'm going to focus on getting some training time in with the boys...what fun to share this with them!

Well, I'm hitting the sack for the night. Kate - I pray your interviews have gone well and that the perfect job will have the door opened wide for you! Holly - you are SO CUTE with your nephew...I see a shimmer in your eyes! Diabetic moms bringing babies into this world is one challenge/workout that is well worth the reward at the finish line, even if they get mouthy as they get older :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment